Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A message to my future husband...(Part IV)

Can I embrace you...

I've watched as you've selfishly given so much of yourself with no expectations.

You labor out of love and that has been my inspiration.

It's become one of the things that make me love you more and more.

And my heart melts.

Every time you walk through the door, my heart melts.

And as I stand in the kitchen to make us dinner, I can't help but smile.

The ribs are in the oven, the green beans are on simmer, the rice cooks until it becomes tender, and I can't stop smiling.

I watch as you sit on the couch, resting your body and mind.

And I smile.

I make you your favorite drink...Remy and Ginger Ale.

I hand you the remote, and I smile.

You spent your day off helping others

You took your free time, and gave to others.

The dinner timer chimes and I meet you at the table.

We eat.

You rest.

I sit next to you, listening to you yawn from exhaustion.

I can feel every pain shooting from your body.

You lay across my lap and I gently massage your back.

You drift off to sleep and my hand gently glides across your cheek.

And in that moment I'm thankful that you chose me.

And my heart feels refreshed as I think of how blessed I am, that we found each other.

To find a mate who's selfless state, inspires me to give even more of me, I'm grateful.

I'm thankful.

Thankful that God led me to you, and you to me.

Thankful that my heart, mind, and soul were open enough to receive you.

And I see you.

No longer blinded by past pains.

I see you.

And my heart bursts at the thought of you.

I didn't realize how much my soul needed you.

I didn't realize how much my soul yearned for YOU.

But I found you...

Thank God I found you.

No comments:

Post a Comment