Saturday, January 9, 2016

A message to my future husband...(Part I)

Dear Future Husband...

I love you.
I trust you.
I believe in you.
I believe in us.

I give you my heart.

I may not always have the words to adequately tell you how much I love you, but I promise to show you.

With each new day I promise to remind you and give you new reasons to continue to build our love.

I promise to smile and to find new ways to make you smile.

I just ask that you hold me.

On dark nights when my past attempts to break my spirit.

Hold Me.

Reassure my spirit and place my mind at ease. 

Gently squeeze me and let me know you're there. 

Cause I believe in us.

I believe in the security of the vows we said before God and family. 

I believe in the foundation laid before us.

I believe in you and me.

I believe in the perfectly imperfect beauty of our love.

And I trust you.

And every time we lock hands, I can feel my hearts beat skip to a rhythm uniquely composed by our love. 

And as my heart sings, my soul listens as our love composes a beautiful melody. 

And as our trust grows more and more with each passing day, I can feel the past pains and heart aches and breaks erasing. 

I pray my heart never has to know what life is without you. 

After years of building up the wall that past hurts have built, you've managed to learn me enough to break it down. 

So I thank you. 

You have become everything my heart and soul has ever needed. 

And I love you for it. 

I will always love you for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment