Monday, March 7, 2016

A message to my future husband...(Part V)

Dear future husband,

It's okay to be vulnerable. 

And as you lay, bed stricken by this cold, I promise to take care of you. 

I'll pull out the oil to massage your back as you lay in bed next to me. 

I'll pour you a cup of OJ and make you soup, from scratch. 

And we can lay in bed and have the best date. Pizza and movies. 

I'll let you control the remote. We can even watch ESPN as long as you'd like. 

And I'll smile as I watch you rest because I know how hard you've been working. 

I will smile because of the amazing effort you've put in to make sure that we are safe and secure. 

The effort you've put in to make sure that we have everything we need. 

I'll roll over in to your smile and whisper "thank you" in your ear. 

You'll ask me why, and I'll begin to name all the many reasons why my heart and soul is thankful for you. 

And though I'll never have all of the words to adequately express my gratitude for you, I'll do my best to show you. 

And I'll laugh once more, as you carefully roll the tissue, pop it in your nose, take in a breath, and drift back to sleep. 

And I'll whisper in your ear once more, and I'll say "it's okay, I'm here".



No comments:

Post a Comment